Wednesday, March 10, 2010

AND I, LEARNED SOMETHING THIS WEEKEND

Ladies and Gentle Men, spring is in the air, and that can only mean one thing - it's time for another weekly recap. Last week was certainly an interesting time at the site. Barry and I learned that we've had people access this page from 11 different countries. Oh get over yourself, I didn't make that up. It's true, we've had readers from Spain, Israel, Germany, Singapore and the UK - just to name a few. But don't be afraid, we won't let the international fame get to our heads just yet. No, no.. fear not, for you can rest assured our loyalty to solving New Yorkers awkward situations will never waver.

So on with the recap. Along with implementing a brand new Friday links segment, which has actually received rave reviews, we did have our usual two questions in which we enlist your help to find out New York's toughest questions.

1. 20 Dollar Decision: In a relatively close vote, you, the people, chose that I did make the right choice in giving that shady, shady man his twenty dollars back. Yes, I did find it. And, yes, you're correct, I have no money. But imagine if you just dropped some cash only to find someone picked it up and won't give it back. That's an awful feeling - especially if it's anything over a Lincoln (I'm talking about a penny - not a five). Motto of the story is, if you found something that isn't yours in New York, you have to give the world 10 seconds to claim it. Otherwise, GET HOME and lock your doors for God as your witness, it's yours.

2. Coats McGoats: I was a huge fan of this post, not because of Barry's clever title choice, but because THIS SITUATION HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME. I never have any idea if or what I'm supposed to tip the coat check people. I mean, usually I'm in all the swank clubs where they take my coat at the door and return it to me at my seat, but when I dine or dance with the common folk and I get to the coat check, I'm lost. However, now I'm found. In an overwhelming vote, the world has let it be known that you should indeed tip the coat check guy a buck. Let's face it - the guy's (girl's) got a pretty crummy job. And in New York (especially in the winter), every single man, woman, and child's coat looks exactly THE SAME, so it's not a job I would want to do. Tip away New York. Tip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment