Thursday, February 18, 2010

READER WRITE IN - BELLHOP'S REVENGE

Hey readers, remember way back when you were all little lads and lassies and you were allowed to dream big? Like reaaaaal big. You wanted to have a pony, fly to the moon, or be a ninja (still have that one myself).

Well, our loyal fan Andrew still dreams big. And his big dreams have paid off in a major way, as Andrew becomes our first guest for write-in Thursday! Congratulations Andrew, we're sure this will be the greatest day of your life, so enjoy it.

And, without further adieu:

"So my parents visited New York last week, and were staying at a very nice hotel (the Waldorf). I was with them to see them off to the airport. After checking out, we walked out of the hotel with their suitcases in hand. We're about halfway out the door and see two cabs sitting in front of the hotel.

At that point, the hotel bellhop runs up through the doors and says "here, let me get you a cab", grabs the suitcase out of my hand, and puts it in the trunk of a cab.

So, "experts", should I tip the bellhop? Because I sure didn't ask him to do that, and I definitely could have loaded my parents suitcase into the cab.

-Andrew

Oh sweet, sweet Andrew, how you bring us back to our roots. It's been over a week since our last tipping post (WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?), and this is a good one, one we come across pretty much whenever we travel, since pretty much all bags are on wheels now, and the need for bag-dudes is at an all time low (Do they even make bags without wheels anymore? If so, screw you Samsonite. Bags without wheels are the WORST). But enough rambling and run-on sentences. It's Andrew's day to shine people. So he asks you...

Are we supposed to tip that bellboy for doing a job we are already doing ourselves?



Want to get super-famous just like Andrew? Write in your random "am I supposed to" question! Its like, totally worth the time it takes to write an email.



E-MAIL US!

No comments:

Post a Comment